Equipping men of all ages to delight in God’s glory and declare that glory to the nations through the building up in love and sound doctrine.
What are the men’s ministries?
1 Corinthians 16:13 says: “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.” Embracing God’s calling upon men to be the spiritual leaders in the church and home, our ministry to men seeks to foster dependence upon and delight in God through our union with Christ. Outside of the regular times of worship and fellowship, opportunities include:
- Regular men’s groups in Granbury, Glen Rose, and Cleburne. The structure of these groups generally includes study of the Bible, sermon application, books, scripture memory, accountability, and prayer. Current and past studies include: Romans, Ephesians, Nehemiah, The Attributes of God by Pink, Keeping the Heart by Flavel, The Exemplary Husband by Scott, Finally Free by Lambert, etc…
- Men’s Bible Study. Each fourth Wednesday, the men gather from 6:30-8:00 p.m. to study God’s Word and pray together. Current and past studies include: Spiritual Leadership, Proverbs, 1 John, Family Worship, etc…
- Annual Men’s Wild Game Feast. In this January gathering, we seek to engage the community with the Gospel while enjoying a wonderful meal together.
- Annual Family Retreat. Each Spring we host a retreat that in part encourages men to lead out in establishing Christ-centered, Word-saturated homes.
- Father/Son Retreats. Occasionally we get away to a local ranch to help fathers and sons intentionally engage with each other as well as other men. Past themes have been: Prayer, purity, and Thoughts for Young Men by Ryle.