The Women’s Council serves to further the goal of equipping God’s Women to Delight in His Glory and Declare that Glory to the Nations through the building up in love and sound doctrine.
It is the prayer of the council that we as women, wives, mothers, grandmothers, daughters and friends will strive and press on to leave a mark on the generations to come by fulfilling our God-given special roles as women! As we do this together, we would grow deeper in our relationships and affections towards one another, all while making much of God through our obedience to this wonderful calling of biblical womanhood!
2021-2022 GCC Women’s Council
Kristyn Bishop, Alan Engstrom, Erica Fischer, Regina George, Ginger Georges, Brittaney Holcomb, Rosetta Lane, Mika Moris, Sharon Nolte, Karen Ward, Shana Wartes, Barb Woodring
The Women’s Council handles a variety of ministries, including but not limited to:
- Helping to define and implement the content of Women’s Bible Study in coordination with the Elder over Women’s Ministries
- Coordinating baby/bridal showers with the Care Groups
- Coordinating hospitality/benevolence needs with the Care Groups and Deacons
- Publicizing Women’s ministry events
- Coordinating and implementing our annual Women’s Brunch and other outreach events
- Coordinating and implementing our annual Women’s Retreat
- Coordinating and implementing childcare when necessary
- Coordinating and implementing the discipleship of women from all age groups
- Encouraging the women of Grace Community Church through phone calls, notes and personal contact.
In order to serve on the Women’s council, a woman must:
- Exhibit godly character and a pursuit of spiritual growth through the practice of the spiritual disciplines (Bible reading, prayer, etc.)
- Have completed the Foundations Grace Community Church membership requirements
- Be a member of Grace Community Church in good standing
- If married, have her husband’s support and approval for participation in this ministry
- Be recommended by a current Women’s Council member, or Elder.
- Be approved by the Elders of Grace Community Church. If you would like to be considered but have not been recommended, please approach either the Elder over Women’s Ministries or The Women’s Council Coordinator about the possibility of serving on the council.
- Make a minimum, one-year commitment, though we would love for you to serve longer.
Women’s Council Accountability:
- All council members are accountable to the Elder over Women’s Ministry
- The Women’s Council Coordinator is directly accountable to the Elder over Women’s Ministry. It is her responsibility to seek approval for all ministries, events, programs, curriculum, teachers, etc. through regular communication.
- The Women’s Council must support the work of the church, defend the unity of the church, and submit to the elders of the church.
- The Women’s Council will use Elder-approved materials.
- All Women’s Council events must be in agreement with the doctrinal standards of Grace Community Church and the purpose and goals of the church.
The Women’s Council Coordinator:
- Shall be selected by the Elder over Women’s Ministries
- Shall submit to the Elders of the church. The Women’s Council Coordinator is directly accountable to the Elder over Women’s Ministries. It is her responsibility to seek approval for all ministries, events, programs, curriculum, teachers, etc. through regular communication.
- Shall communicate regularly with the Elder over Women’s Ministries seeking guidance, approval, etc.
- If married, she shall have her husband’s support for serving in this capacity.
- Is responsible for overseeing the responsibilities of the larger Women’s Council.
- Keep the GCC website and weekly worship guide updated as they pertain to Women’s events.
- Shall delegate duties and responsibilities to others within the Women’s Council and larger Body at Grace Community Church, ensuring that biblical standards are upheld, along with the purpose and goals of the church.
- Shall facilitate Women’s Council meetings, set the agenda and maintain a God-honoring focus. The Council Coordinator must ensure that all conversations, actions, decisions, discussions, and details are in line with Grace Community Church’s purpose and mission statement. The Council Coordinator shall strive to maintain a climate that exhibits the traits of biblical womanhood.